There are many ways that funeral directors can use technology to do more for less. Upgrading your accounting software, offering clients an electronic guest list, having an integrated business management software and using an online, integrated obituary system. These are all great technology platforms that can help you serve your families, in less time.
Using the latest technology in social media and automated email communication can also help you to do more for less.
Here are three examples:
- You can reach more people in your community day after day for less money while increasing brand awareness and education through boosting posts and targeted Facebook ads directly to your ideal audience. According to our numbers, you can reach people for $0.0058 per unique impression (about ½ of a penny)!
- With email marketing, you can automate your lead nurturing, ensuring the families you serve and even potential customers get the right message from you at the right time.
- You can even generate a pipeline of new leads using a complete digital marketing funnel!
In the past, you’ve had to pay expensive marketing consultants to run print ads and send paper mailings, but technology makes your marketing more effective, engaging and even automatic.
For our clients, through the Social Media Copilot we provide dozens of organized content feeds to choose from. Gone are the days of searching for content or spending precious time to create your own. In less than 5 minutes, our clients can schedule their Facebook posts for an entire year!
In the case of your website, technology can improve the experience for your visitors and help convert them from passive observers into active leads.
Here are three examples:
- Having a responsive website means that the website’s design adapts to the size of the visitor’s screen. With over 50 percent of your visitors now coming from a mobile device, you can use technology to customize the experience for these mobile visitors and help ensure they find what they are looking for with minimal scrolling, typing or clicks.
- By deploying a shopping cart in your obituaries, you can allow visitors to purchase flowers and other gifts for the decedent’s family. This helps the visitor feel involved, it helps the family easily receive the gifts, and it helps the funeral home make more revenue from every website visitor.
- To take it further, we deploy “goal-oriented obituaries” for our firms that provide hooks for website visitors to engage with the obituaries in ways not seen before, and even enter the funeral home’s marketing funnel. This has proved extremely effective, with some firms getting up to a dozen or more newsletter subscribers opting in each day.
Our industry typically lags behind others in terms of technology adoption, but, with the market changes including increased rate of cremation, funeral directors are being forced to become more progressive if they want to grow their businesses. As the progressive firms adopt and employ technology, their companies will continue to grow at the expense of those who don’t.
If you think this all sounds too expensive or time consuming to set up, you’d be surprised at how easy and affordable it is! Contact us for a demo and we’ll show you how you can finally jump start your funeral home’s marketing and business results.
(Check out our related blog post titled, 7 questions to ask yourself when assessing your technology needs.)